The Agency has a Director-General/CEO as its head with four departments headed by Directors namely,
- Monitoring and Coordination
- Human Resources and Finance
This department takes care of the following
- Manage all Extant Mineral titles
- Processing all applications for Modification such as Renewal, Transfer/Assignments, Additional Minerals, Consolidation Relinquishment/Abandonment, Process and keeps all records of Revoked, Expired, Refused applications, etc.
- Keeps all records and Statistics of transactions of the office
- Collate data from all departments for periodic reports
This department performs the following functions:
- Receive all applications for Mineral Titles
- Process applications for Mineral Titles and issued Grants and Certificates
- Maintain the special data of the office
- Field verification
Human Resources and Finance
This department takes of the administration of the office
Monitoring and Coordination
This department coordinates all the zonal offices on the following:
- Conflict resolution on consent letters as issued by communities.
- Site verification claims
There are also four units made up of
- Legal Unit,
- Internal Audit Unit,
- Information and Computer Technology (ICT) Unit
- Public Relation and Protocol Units.
- Procurement unit
- Store Unit
This unit deals all litigations arising from mineral titles administration and also advises the offices on its day to day activities
Internal Audit Unit
This unit ensures all the accounting transactions of the office are audited and conform to acceptable norms
Information and Computer Technology (ICT) Unit
This unit manages the use of the computers and software for the efficient running of the NMCO. It is also in charge of maintaining the website and portal of the agency.
Public Relations and Protocol Unit
This unit is responsible for coordinating activities in the event of any occasion